Sunday, June 21, 2009

2nd meeting and our next meeting


We had a great time in the heat on Saturday working on "Lines, Textures and Patterns." There was a mix up on my part about where to meet (I blame it on Rich, he was my navigator) but we all made it.

I loved how we all just went out and started shooting. The enthusiasm is contagious. And the people you meet along the way is great as well. I met a few folks hanging out in the heat and hope to meet more on assignments like these. I'm excited to hear stories about our time and see your pictures on flickr.

If you haven't joined the flickr group go to www.flickr.com/groups/mannaphotography. Sign up! It's free. That is the best way to share photos among our group and comment on them. I have seen some great photos and I can't wait to see more uploaded this week. Flickr is also a great way to see photos from photogs around the world. And a reminder that facebook is free and a great way to share photos and keep in touch with friends.

If you didn't make it to our group this week (June 20) or to our first meeting (June 13) we still would like to see photos whether they are part of the assignments or not. It's just great to see photos of others and get ideas, see other's art and spread God's glory in this format. And speaking of spreading God's glory I missed a golden opportunity on Saturday to share the gospel. I was talking to a gentlemen and I felt the urge to share the gospel with him but I was distracted by my desire to take some photos and talk to others I ran into that I knew from the Fayetteville Photography group on meetup.com. I was kicking myself in the face (that steering wheel kept blocking it) while driving home because all I had to do was ask him two simple questions. A lesson learned.

Our next group will be Saturday June 27th at the Arts Council Building at 9am to work on "Portraits." Don't come to Manna because we won't be there (weather permitting of course and I would send an email if that was the case). If unfamiliar where the arts council building is comment on this blog or email me. We'll cover "Portraits" for the next few meetings because there is a lot of interest in portraits and a lot goes into making a good portrait. Lighting. Angle. Catch light. Photographer/subject interaction. Location. Lens/camera settings. And more.

Comment or email me whether you can make it or not on the 27th. And don't forget to post your pictures on flickr or facebook whether you have been to a meeting or not.



1 comment:

  1. I wish i could make it! "Portraits" is my favourite area of photography :) Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete