Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Have fun




Chase Jarvis, one of my inspirations as a young, modern photographer quotes "There are 10 great pictures 10 meters from you right now." I like that because photographers make pictures instead of take pictures. Check out his great work at chasejarvis.com

I enjoy going out with my iPhone and not worrying about all the intricate details of a photo and just taking fun, enjoyable photos. Here are a few I enjoyed taking right around my house. The first was a crazy dog barking as I walked by. He was trying to escape his early night prison. The second is a panoramic of Stewart's Creek using an iPhone application. The third was a mallard who was ruthlessly worried about his personal space. I got as close as the picture shows. It was fun trying to get closer. I lost!

The most important part of photography is that you enjoy it. Whether you are shooting a breathtaking sunset or shooting a family get together or shooting a senior picture you HAVE to make it fun for you and the subjects, if applicable. Enjoy the sunset's beauty, make your family laugh and make funny/creative pictures, and have your subjects do poses that are natural and enjoyable and make sure they know you love making their pictures. Also, remember God's beauty is able to be captured at every shutter opening so remember who you are ultimately shooting for. "The beauty of God at every shutter."


No comments:

Post a Comment